The Telly Awards is pleasant to announce 41st annual call for entries, continuing commitment to honor work from all screens, from documentaries to branded content, television shows to digital series.
The Telly Awards was founded in 1979 to honor excellence in local, regional and cable television commercials with non-broadcast video and television programming added soon after. With the recent evolution and rise of digital video (web series, VR, 360 and beyond), the Telly Awards today also reflects and celebrates this exciting new era of the moving image on and offline.
This year they are excited to announce a new section: Immersive & Mixed Reality. Alongside the existing categories honoring VR, 360, and Interactive Video, new categories for AR and Volumetric Capture can also now be found. In addition to these new honors, they are also excited to welcome new categories across Diversity & Inclusion and Social Impact to recognize the amazing work that is supporting and highlighting themes that connect and affect us from across the globe.
You can submit your work in the following categories:
Commercials & Marketing
• Local television commercials (appearing in a single market)
• Regional television commercials (appearing regionally or in multiple markets)
• Cable television commercials (appearing on cable TV locally or regionally)
• Commercial campaigns
• Industrial, promotional, or business videos
• Non-broadcast video or television programs
• Other video productions
• Outdoor & environmental
Series, Shows, and Segments
• Series, shows, or segments created for online distribution (including webseries and episodic content)
• Series, shows, or segments created for television distribution
• Content that is created as a way to promote, and is funded by, a particular brand
• Video that is created for distribution through an online social network
Immersive & Mixed Reality
• Work produced in part or solely in immersive and mixed realities (VR, 360, AR and Interactive Video)
• You can submit work produced between January 1, 2017 and the entry deadline.
• The work must be either in the English Language or Subtitled into the English Language to be eligible.
• You can send physical entires or digital files.
• Entries must be on a USB flash drive/CD/DVD.
• The preferred format for media files is .mP4 but it’s also accepted .mov and DVD.
• You can enter a 5 to 10 minute clip that is representative of the entire piece, or you may enter a full program/film or video.
• Entries must have an Entry Label attached to the entry case.
• File size is limited to 300MB.
• Each entry must be viewable online.
• Campaign entries (consist of up to 3 pieces and may only be submitted in the specific campaign categories listed) should be grouped on a single URL.
Please NOTE! Commercials or programs entered must not have appeared on the national feed of one of the five major TV networks (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, or CW). However, spots appearing on a local network affiliate are eligible.
Telly Awards entries will be evaluated by members of The Award Judging Council drawn from a diverse mix of advertising, media, tech, and video industry leaders.
Winners will be announced on May 2020.
Early Entry Deadline fees are $135 (U.S dollars) for single entries and $225 (U.S Dollars) for campaign entries
Who can participate? ⇣
Work produced between January 1, 2017 and the entry deadline is eligible.
Find more: official website