| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2018 - International Video contest
This competition has expired on
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2018, cideo contest organised by United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM invites all youth from around the world to submit original and creative videos focusing on the PLURAL+ theme of migration, diversity and social inclusion..
PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2018 recently opened for entries is a joint initiative between the United Nations Alliance of Civilization and the International Organization for Migratio, with a network of over 50 partner organizations, who support the creative efforts of young people and distribute their videos worldwide.
Since 2009 over 1,500 entries from 110 countries have participated. Winning videos have been screened in dozens of festivals, cinemas and broadcast on television networks throughout the world.
PLURAL+ aims to support dialogue between young people from different cultures, and in the process, increase awareness and respect for diversity. They recognizes youth as powerful agents of social change, and supports cooperative efforts to reduce tensions in a world often characterized by conflict and division. PLURAL+ encourages youth to address key challenges and opportunities related to social inclusion and cohesion, migrant integration, respect for identity, diversity, human rights and xenophobia, both at local and global levels through video production.
• People appearing in the video do not have to be youth. However the videos must reflect the youth’s opinions or reflections about migration, diversity and social inclusion.
• Multiple youth may work together to make one video, as long as all members of the group are maximum 25 years of age at the time of the production of the video submitted to PLURAL+.
• No video may contain vulgarity, violence, defamatory language or any other subject deemed by the PLURAL+ Video Festival organizers to be inappropriate for the tone of the competition.
• Videos must pertain to the topics of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and related topics.
• Reflecting on these topics, videos should show the youth’s thoughts, experiences, opinions, questions and suggestions.
• Videos may be of whatever type, style or genre that the entrant wishes – animated, documentary, drama, music video, comedy etc.
• Videos should reflect the aims of the PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival, which are:
- To recognize youth as agents of social change in a world often characterized by intolerance, and cultural and religious divisions.
- To involve youth in addressing questions on migrant integration, inclusiveness, identity, diversity, human rights and social inclusion wherever they be in the world.
- To encourage the practical contributions of young people in not just identifying constraints, but also in promoting a climate of respect and appreciation for each other.
• All videos should be submitted as a file (preferably as “.mov”) via a file hosting website like dropbox.com, WeTransfer, Google
• Drive, etc. The entrant may also choose to mail a DVD of the video entry to PLURAL+ mailing address.
• Videos that are not in English must have English subtitles.
• All videos must be 5 minutes maximum of running time, including title and end credits.
A prestigious international jury selects three PLURAL+ International Jury Award winners in each age category (up to 12, 13-17, 18-25).
The International Jury Award winners will be invited to New York, all travel expenses paid, to present their work at the PLURAL+ 2018 Awards Ceremony at the United Nations Headquarters in November 2018.
PLURAL+ partner organizations will also award other prizes and professional opportunities to over 20 of the best videos submitted. All award winning videos will be invited to present their work at film and video festivals, conferences and events around the world.
PLURAL+ supports young people’s expression by providing them with a variety of media platforms and distribution networks, including broadcasts, video festivals, conferences and events around the world. PLURAL+ not only provides young people with an effective platform to raise their voices on key migration and diversity issues, but also reinforces the firm belief of IOM and UNAOC that the powerful expression of youth creativity is a force to be reckoned with.
There is no entry fee for to partecipate!
It's free to enter!
Who can enter?
PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2018 is opene to young people aged up to 25.
In addition to the three International Jury award winners, PLURAL+ will also select a video for the “PLURAL+ Special Award for the Prevention of Xenophobia”, the winner will also be invited to New York (all travel expenses paid) to participate and present his/her video at the PLURAL+ 2018 Festival and Awards Ceremony.
For all further informations about the PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2018 visit the following official website: