World of 7 Billion – Student Video Contest 2018-2019 - VIDEO CONTEST
| by InfoDesigners
The Call for Entries titled World of 7 Billion – Student Video Contest 2018-2019 is now open!
Video contest titled World of 7 Billion – Student Video Contest 2018-2019
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this video contest:
Population Connection, as part of its program, recently has been announced the new call for entries for its 2018-2019 World of 7 Billion Student Video Contest inviting students worldwide to create a short video on a global challenge impacted by population growth.
Population Connection is hosting the World of 7 Billion Student Video Contest for 2018–2019 and invites students around the world to participate.
The World of 7 Billion Contest helps bring technology and creativity into middle and high school classes worldwide.
• all entries must be a digital video. It will not be accepted audio-only recordings or videos recorded on VHS tapes.
• create a short video – the length of the video should not exceed 60 seconds (one minute), not including the 10 second title screen
• each entry must focus on ONE of following global challenges as it relates to population growth: Preserving Biodiversity, Sustainable Resource Use and Protecting Human Rights
• all information presented in the video must be cited, giving credit to the original source.
• all entries must be submitted in English, if entries are not in English they must include English subtitles.
• you can submit as many entries as you want! each entry will be judged individually. Keep in mind, it is better to spend more time perfecting one great video than turning in several mediocre videos.
All videos must include:
a) how population growth impacts the issue
b) at least one idea for a sustainable solution.
Consider narrowing your focus by concentrating on a subtheme within your topic.
Possible subthemes include:
• Preserving Biodiversity – Habitat destruction/fragmentation, ecosystem diversity, coral reefs, deforestation, pollinators, extinction, invasive species
• Sustainable Resource Use – Energy, fossil fuel use, single-use products, diet, overfishing, global inequities in consumption
• Protecting Human Rights – Poverty, barriers to education, women and girls, forced migration, environmental/social justice, economic security
Students may work together in groups or submit entries as individuals. There is no limit to the number of students who can work on a video.
Entries will be judged by topic, with winners in each of the three global challenge areas: Preserving Biodiversity, Sustainable Resource Use, and Protecting Human Rights. Winners will be announced no later than Tuesday, May 7, 2019.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
Any middle or high school student (grade 6-12, or the international equivalent) is free to enter. Students may be located anywhere in the world.
Students can win up to $1,000 in each of the three competition categories. The total prize money fund of the 2018–2019 contest is $7,500.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the World of 7 Billion – Student Video Contest 2018-2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://www.worldof7billion.org/student-video-contest/
Category: VIDEO CONTEST
Published by: InfoDesigners
Organizer: Population Connection
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Listed by: InfoDesigners