World of 7 Billion – Student Video Contest 2017-2018 now is over!
Population Connection, as part of its program, recently has been announced the new call for entries for its 2017-2018 contest titled World of 7 Billion Student Video Contest inviting students worldwide to create a short video on a global challenge impacted by population growth.
The World of 7 Billion Student Video Contest helps bring technology and creativity into middle and high school classes worldwide. Students are challenged to create a short video connecting world population growth and one of global challenges.
Students may work together in groups or submit entries as individuals.
Consider narrowing your focus by concentrating on a subtheme within your topic.
Possible subthemes include:
• Advancing Women and Girls - access to education, gender equality,
• women in government, women’s health, child marriage
• Feeding 10 Billion - hunger, food waste, resource and energy use, deforestation, pollution
• Preventing Pollution -impacts on air, water, and land, climate change, human and wildlife health, ecosystem destruction
• All entries must be submitted in digital format.
• The length of the video should not exceed 60 seconds (one minute), not including the 10 second title screen.
• All entries should begin with a 10 second full-screen “title screen” that includes the following information: Lead Producer’s name, school name, school city, state, title of video, total running time (not including the 10 second title screen).
• All information presented in the video must be cited, giving credit to the original source. Plagiarism of any kind will result in disqualification. IF CHOSEN AS A FINALIST, you must submit a list of your sources, properly cited.
• Each video must have one Lead Producer to serve as the main point of contact.
• No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. There is no entry fee for this competition!
For the further information please visit the official website.
Who can participate? ⇣
This contest is open to all students grades 6–12.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!