Genius Loci Weimar 2017 Video Mapping and International Facade Projection now is over!
The Genius Loci Weimar Festival has opened the call for submissions for its 2017 Video Mapping and Facade Projection Competition inviting all visual artists around the world to submit artistic concept ideas, which present an innovative composition in the form of an audio-visual video mapping.
Genius Loci Weimar Festival recently has opened the call for submissions for its 2017 Video Mapping and Facade Projection Competition.
Visual artists around the world are invited to submit artistic concept ideas, which present an innovative composition in the form of an audio-visual video mapping.
Contestants are invited to submit their artistic concepts including:
• a thirty-second audiovisual video clip (HD)
• an explanatory text (max. 300 words)
• a letter of motivation from the participant or group, including a self-description and appropriate references. As part of the application process, this text will be professionally edited to produce a definitive self-description (max. 300 words)
• details of the support team and designated representatives
• productions will be of the highest technical and artistic quality
Key requirements for the Genius Loci Weimar competition:
• an innovative composition in the form of an audio-visual video mapping, with particular observance paid to the Genius Loci
• an individual, original and sophisticated handling of the spirit of the location with respect to history and architecture, as well as to the people who were active there and who have influenced the surroundings, and to historical events that have left visible or invisible traces
• The conscious omission of erratic gimmickry and showmanship, intrusive clichés and careless historical retelling
It’s recommended that at least one of the group members has previous experience with façade or video projections.
Participants may choose one of three locations per competition entry. These are the Herderkirche, Cranachhaus and Notenbank. Participants are free to submit concept proposals for more than one façade.
Alongside the conception, the participants must also submit the above-listed materials with the aim of illustrating the concept and central ideas of the artistic work.
Submitted concepts will be displayed in a public exhibition in Weimar in May 2017. The best projects will chosen, among other means, with the help of an audience vote.
The competition is open for individual and group submissions.
Every summer since 2012, Weimar becomes a meeting point for digital avant-garde artists, culture enthusiasts and scientists. The Genius Loci Weimar festival for site-specific audio-visual art and interactive facade projections now ranks among the leading international events in this area.
All interested artists are invited to submit their concept ideas for the Genius Loci Weimar Festival between the opening date of 20 February 2017 up to the deadline of 09 April 2017.
There is no entry fee for this competition!
No Entry Fee!
All participants, enthusiasts, students, amateurs and professionals will be given the same opportunity to take part. However, they recommend that participants clearly highlight their ability to realise the professional skills and motivation that are required to create and implement such a façade projection.