The “Shark Tank of Wellness” competition is a unique global challenge in which three university students are rewarded for their most innovative ideas for the wellness industry.
The organizers define the wellness industry broadly and are seeking innovations in sectors such as architecture/design, beauty, education, fitness, hospitality, investment, medicine, nutrition, real estate, spa, technology, travel, tourism, and more. The wellness industry is currently valued at over USD $3.7 trillion, thus providing ample opportunity for students with great ideas!
• Students are to submit a future-focused, innovative wellness idea, product or service that has the potential to become a profitable business venture.
• Each individual or team is required to submit a concept submission form in addition to a 1 to 2 minute video. The Concept Submission Form consists of several questions on details of the idea and its viability. • The video submited should include a presentation of the idea, focusing on why the innovation could positively impact the wellness industry and how exactly it could become a viable business.
Video must be uploaded on the contestant’s YouTube or Dailymotion account. The video must contain only original work and not be subject to any copyright restrictions.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria, which will hold equal weight:
• project innovation,
• visual appeal or design,
• relevance and importance to the wellness industry,
• viability as a business (customer/market analysis and competitors),
• quality of the project presentation.
The 3 top finalists will be selected from the submissions by the “Wellness Sharks”, played by wellness industry leaders, and announced on 15 August 2018.
The “Shark Tank of Wellness” Finalist’s Competition will take place on stage at the 2018 Global Wellness Summit, in front of the audience of delegates and the “Wellness Shark” judges. Here, they will present their business idea to the attending Summit delegates — a “who’s who” in the global wellness world. Several business leaders will act as “Wellness Shark” and ask questions of the students, who will defend their innovation and make a business case for its feasibility.
There is no entry fees to partecipate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
The challenge is open to both individuals and teams of students over the age of 18 from anywhere in the world. The contestant(s) must be an undergraduate student (working towards a one or two year diploma, a four year Bachelor’s degree or a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification) or a graduate/post-graduate student (working towards a masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD degree) in a university or college of distinction at the time they develop and submit their concept.