Plaktivat 16: Adolescents’ Distress – Poster Design Competition now is over!
TAM-TAM Institut is announcing the international 16th Plaktivat Poster Design Competition in designing a city poster, this time on the topic of “Adolescents’ distress” and invites all creators, individuals as well as agencies and companies to participate.
The TAM-TAM Institute, in cooperation with the Slovenian Association of Friends of Youth and TOM phone has announced the 16th Plaktivat, a socially responsible poster competition, this time on the theme of “Adolescents’ distress”.
Plaktivat is an international socially responsible competition, an activator of social consciousness, which promotes the creation of city posters and encourages positive changes in society. The competition is held twice a year and is intended for independent designers and design groups from all over the world.
The call is open to all graphic designers, whether individuals, freelancers, students or pupils, agencies or legal entities wishing to co-create a shared living space. The call for applications pays special attention to students who will compete in the “Fresh Blood” category, where a winner will also be announced. All entrants who indicate “student status” on their entry form will be automatically entered in this category.
Challenges faced by youth have become increasingly serious and worrisome in recent years, accompanied by a pervasive silence as the data reveals that 40% of young people do not confide in anyone about their problems. Problems left unaddressed can lead to a gradual deterioration in mental health and interpersonal relationships. The central focus of this creative challenge is to promote dialogue, which may indeed be the most difficult, yet a very important first step in addressing these struggles.
The nationwide “TOM travels and visits children” campaign asked pupils to tell them which topics they dare not or cannot talk about with their parents or other adults. Among over 10,000 anonymous accounts, just 5% of pupils said they had no problems or were able to share and solve their problems with their parents. The remaining 95% of pupils’ accounts show that they cannot confide in their parents about their problems or do not dare to talk to them regarding what is bothering them. Young people are hindered in seeking help by the feelings of loneliness, shame, and fear of negative reactions from their social network, peers, and community, as well as doubts about the effectiveness of mental health professionals.
Growing up is a sensitive and vulnerable time during which young people are confronted with many choices, challenges and influences that often make them feel vulnerable, confused, sad, angry and even lost. This means every child and young person needs an opportunity to talk about their distress in a relaxed way. Submitted works are evaluated by an expert panel, composed of internationally acclaimed creatives and designers.
The competition is intended for all graphic designers, be it individuals, freelance designers, students, or agencies and other legal entities who wish to be involved in co-creating a better common living space.
The jury will select a winning poster from all the entries, which will be printed and publicly displayed at 500 TAM-TAM poster sites across Slovenia. It will be entered into the competition sections of the Slovenian Advertising Festival – SOF and the Biennial of Slovenian Design – Brumen. The winner will receive the MEGAFON Plaktivat and the winner’s plaque, the finalists will receive a silver plaque, and all qualified runners-up will receive an e-plaque of participation awarded by the Plaktivat organiser, the TAM-TAM Institute.
Within the Fresh Blood Awards the jury will select the winning poster from all the student entries, which will be printed and publicly displayed at 20 TAM-TAM poster sites across Slovenia. The winner will be entitled to free entry to the next SOF – Slovenian Advertising Festival. The winner will be guaranteed media exposure. The winner and finalists receive the Plaktivat plaque “Fresh Blood”, awarded by the organizer, the TAM-TAM Institute.
There is no entry fee to participate!